Get your list that you’ve been putting together. Today we’ll finish it so that you can get to the grocery store and start your new healthy eating plan. Remember, baby steps. I’m not asking you to make drastic changes all at once. Don’t dread this as a “duty” or “something I have to do”. A healthy diet will surprise you in how easy and pleasurable it actually is.
Add the following to your grocery list.
1. Sea salt. Harvested from evaporated sea water, sea salt is more natural. Look at the labels and buy sea salt that is free of additives.
2. Salmon filets. Look for these in the deli in the fresh seafood section. But, don’t buy any salmon that isn’t wild Alaskan salmon. Farmed salmon has harmful chemicals from the fish food they are fed.
3. Red seedless grapes. Get any kind you prefer, these are my favorites.
4. Apples. What ever type you prefer is fine. Some of my favorite apples for eating are red delicious, gala, pink lady, and honey crisp.
5. Marachino cherries. Get a couple of jars of these heavenly cherries. We’ll use them in a fruit salad.
6. Heavy whipping cream. See, I told you it would not be unpleasant to eat healthy!
7. Butter. If you don’t already use real butter, I suggest you stop with the margerines and use the real thing. It’s actually better for you, and we’ll use it in moderation.
That’s it for now. This is your first healthy eating grocery list. By no means complete, it will get you started for your first two healthy meals. For now, as I said before, you won’t need to completely change your ways all at one time. Start with preparing and eating two nutritious, healthy meals a week. Every other week or so, add another meal made from fresh, whole ingredients, and before you know it, you’ll be eating scrumptious nutritious food and loving it!
Nothing worth doing is totally easy, completely without effort. You may find yourself wanting to just go by the “quick hamburger” place. And you can, except for these two meals. Just two meals this week. Pick two evenings and plan ahead just a little, and you will be surprised at how little effort it actually takes. A little effort is nothing though, for the good health benefits you’ll get. Treasure your health. Nutrition is supremely important and is the basis of overall fitness.