I want you to get a pen and a scrap of paper. I’m going to give you a list of items to get the next time you’re at the grocery store. These will get you started on the path to eating healthy food.
We all want good health. Nutrition for our bodies is fundamental to having a fit and healthy body, which is our goal. Are you intimidated by the thought of changing your eating habits? Well, you don’t have to be. I’ll tell you how to make changes gradually, and over time, you’ll be eating healthy food without even thinking about it.
Now, for the list. You may already have some, or most, of these items in your kitchen pantry. Healthy food is not an exotic, mysterious thing. Mostly, it’s a matter of changing just a few habits and substituting new ones.
1. Olive oil. Good quality olive oil is rich with antioxidants, and is the most heart-healthy oil you can use. The flavor of good olive oil is great, too. Always select the “extra virgin olive oil”, or “EVOO”, as some chefs call it.
2. Soy sauce. Choose a natural soy sauce; look for tamari, which you should be able to find at your local grocer. Buy as much as you want; it keeps forever.
3. Pasta. Get a variety of shapes. Most of us just buy spaghetti, but branch out and make your new healthy food plan fun.
4. Wild rice. Look for this with the instant rice, and buy either a wild rice, or a basmati rice.
5. Nuts. Get some almonds, walnuts, and sunflower seeds. These can be just eaten as a snack, or used as ingredients in a salad or other dish. These nuts and seeds are packed with the good kind of oil, and antioxidants.
Put this list right by your computer. I’ll continue with it in my next post tomorrow. Until then, don’t forget your ten-minutes of walking.
Do it today!